Sunday, February 7, 2010

I love to see the temple


A lot of times, I take for granted the fact that I am living about a minute's drive away from the Provo temple. I know that the temple is the house of the Lord and the Lord's work is done inside. I also bear witness that it is work. I remember my Dad planning all our vacations in Europe around visiting the temple. I have been to all 10 temples in Europe and done baptisms in 9 of them (the Helsinki temple was just opening so we only went to the open house). Everytime we went, the temple workers looked so overjoyed that we were there to do some names in their temple..I guess they didn't get a lot of people visiting to do baptisms. My sisters and I got a lot of practice doing the work and going to the temple in other countries and speaking different languages. We would do many names for them because they just didn't get a lot of opportunity to do this kind of service. I'm so grateful that I could learn the value of that work that is done in the house of the Lord. This last thursday was ward temple day, and I'm grateful that I could have the opportunity to attend the temple, as busy as it might have been, to receive strength and peace from the Lord, and to rest from my homework and other stressful things.

I love to see the temple. I'm going there some day to feel the holy spirit, to listen, and to pray. For the temple is a house of God, a place of love and beauty. I'll prepare myself while I am young: This is my sacred duty.(Erika, Amy, me, and Nicole at the Madrid, Spain temple)



No comments: